Wednesday 24 March 2010

Vignettes from the MI-RCB After party


Having witnessed the action live at Brabourne with a few of my RCB fan club friends, I just couldn’t wait to capture the moods of the players after the game.  RCB,MI after party and Rocky S fashion show at the Trident  was quite a hit.
Rocky S creation
Rocky S with Candice Pinto
The whole of Mumbai’s creme de la had come to root for Rocky S. Also spotted were the legendary Vivian Richards daughter Masaba and designer Nshka Lulla, cheering their designer friend.
The player brigade started joining in the fun soon after. Meeting  and congratulating Coach Jennings as soon as I entered the hotel lobby, was a high of sorts for me. Proud of his boys as a mentor and basking in my team’s glory as a fan, the two of us just couldn’t stop gushing about the win.
While the Mumbai Inidans (except Shikhar Dhawan, Duminy, Fernando) gave the party a miss. The Challengers were in a mood to celebrate. Kumble and Dravid made a quick exit, the rest of the team stayed at the bar for a long time.
Merwe and Steyn
'Caught him' Jonty Rhodes with Mark Boucher
A 'Signature' hit amongst the players
While the MTV crew, VJ Bani J inclusive got the stylish Coorgi Robin Uthappa for some sound bytes, RCB Community manager Nidhi had Manish Pandey to share a few words about the victory. Pandey certainly was the show stopper off the ramp, with quite a few girls swooning over him.
Bani J with Robie
Manish Pandey with RCB community manager, Nidhi
Getting a ring side view of the off field action was a great experience for me. Joined by the four RCB Chiefs and our community manager Nidhi, I almost felt like home, a stark contrast from the other IPL after parties I’d attended.
 

Having witnessed the action live at Brabourne with a few of my RCB fan club friends, I just couldn’t wait to capture the moods of the players after the game.  RCB,MI after party and Rocky S fashion show at the Trident  was quite a hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment